I hope you are having an amazing week so far! I wanted to share the picture above with you:) This is my 10 yr old son when we were volunteering for Feed Your Starving Children! I thought he looked adorable in his hair net, but there is so much more I want to share!
As I was watching Jack sing, whistle, dance and hustle as fast as he could to pack the boxes of food for those in need, my heart just sang with pure joy and tears swelled in my eyes. In that very moment, I could see Jack’s amazing spirit so clearly! Jack is sensitive, loves people deeply, loves animals (and INSECTS) dearly, he loves to laugh, joke around, pull pranks on people and he is his truest self when he is in nature! He has the purest of hearts and I am so lucky to be his Mom!
I know for certain Jack will be amazing at whatever he does with this life! I have no doubt Jack will connect with his purpose, he will have passion and he will give it his all; he already does. 🙂 With all of that being said, things don’t always come easy for Jack. Is it hard for him to concentrate? Yes. Does he lose things easily? Yes! Does he have to be reminded of things repeatedly? Yes! Does he drive us as his parents and his loving teachers a little batty at times? Most certainly! Does he need some additional support with schoolwork because of these things? YES!
Although some of the day-to-day things can be a struggle, my promise to Jack, as him Mom, is to always make sure I am doing my best to help him see how amazing he is! I will be sure to help him understand how blessed he is to have all of the amazing spiritual gifts he has been given; most importantly, the ability to love deeply! Side note, do not make the assumption my parenting is perfect. There are days that go extremely well and there are days I say to my self, “tomorrow is a new day:)”
This is also my hope for you, well, not as your Mom, because if I asked you to call me, “Mom,” that would be weird!:) My hopes for you are the following:
- You are able to see through your limiting beliefs and fears.
- You see yourself as lovable for being perfectly, imperfectly you!
- You know and understand you deserve love from others and your spiritual connection just the way you are!
- You allow yourself to express and share your gifts and talents you have been given.
- You no longer see yourself through the lens of limitations but that you see yourself through the lens of love; allowing you to see how amazing you truly are!
You may be thinking, well, that is great you want all of these things for me, but how do I get started?! I am going to share with you a wonderful, yet powerful process, that will help you get started to see yourself clearly and kick start some emotional healing. Here is the top-secret code:)
- Identify what you are feeling (worry, sad, guilt, shame, fear etc.)
- Ask yourself what you are telling yourself that is making you feel bad (whenever we are feeling bad, it is an indicator we are telling yourself a lie or limiting belief.)
- Once you have identified the limiting belief, ask the loving wise adult part of you (we all have this) what the truth is. If you can’t get the truth from the loving wise adult part of you, then you can ask your spiritual connection for the truth (i.e. prayer, quite mediation, nature, etc.– anything that resonates with you and fosters stillness so that the truth can come in.)
- Once you have identified the truth, create a list of behaviors you can do to reinforce this loving, truthful statement.
- Check in with how you are feeling now. If you are feeling better, great! If you feel you need to go through the process again because there is more to process, then go through it again:)
(5 Step Process Adapted from the Global Association of Holistic Psychotherapy)
So many of us struggle with not seeing ourselves clearly because we believe the lies we tell ourselves, which ultimately results in painful feelings! It is crucial, we start to see ourselves from the truth, forgive ourselves for mistakes we have made in the past and allow ourselves to fully receive the love that surrounds us each and every day!
Have an amazing day!