How did you get into the field?
Ever since I was a small child, I loved to love others, I loved connecting with others on a deep level, and I loved helping others who were in need. My deep passion for connecting with people is not only a part of who I am, but it is a result of my childhood. Growing up, as a family we went through a lot of difficult times. There were many dark moments, and as a way to cope with the darkness, I chose to find the light that surrounded me outside of my home. The “light” that I found was in others. From a small child and to this very day, I truly understand the healing power of love, compassion, safety, gratitude, aligning with your inner truth, the power of listening to your spiritual guidance and taking action even when it is extremely uncomfortable.
As I continued to grow older, my passion and desire to help people only grew stronger. Deep down inside, I knew I could help others find their light in the midst of their darkness based on my own personal experiences. I decided to obtain my Bachelor’s degree in Psychology. As I was starting my sophomore year, I started to have panic attacks. The attacks were so severe that I even went to the ER a few times because I thought something was terribly wrong with me. Around the same time, I also had low levels of depression. Going through these experiences only increased my motivation to obtain my Master’s degree in Counseling and complete the 2-year postgraduate work, which was required for my licensure in Marriage and Family Therapy. Since then, I have also become a Certified Health and Wellness Coach, a Certified Holistic Coach, and I am the founder of Ready.Set.LIVE, LLC Holistic Life and Wellness Coaching.
What has your journey been?
My professional journey has been pretty amazing. I was in the mental health field for 15 years and was given amazing opportunities throughout that time. I provided a number of different services, which included consultation to varying groups, outpatient and inpatient therapy, group therapy and care coordination. I loved every step of my journey and learned an invaluable amount of information throughout that time!
About 5 years ago, I was introduced to Health and Wellness Coaching. It was the first time I had learned about coaching and I quickly fell in love! Some of the foundational components of coaching are that it is non-judgmental, it is client centered, and it greatly focuses on a person’s strengths and gifts. I also loved the idea that the relationship is collaborative and the coach serves as a guide through the process of change.
After years of providing health and wellness coaching to clients, I came to the realization that I needed to make a change. I loved the work I was doing, but I started to get the sense I needed to take the coaching to a different level. It was around that time that I became certified as a holistic coach and I founded Ready Set Live, LLC Holistic Life and Wellness Coaching. Holistic Coaching is the heart of who I am, and it is the heart of Ready Set Live, LLC, Holistic Life and Wellness Coaching. The ultimate mission and goal of holistic coaching is to help you reconnect with your authentic self so that you can start living a life that is filled with joy, fulfillment and purpose!
What are different things you have learned?
I have been so blessed with the teachers, mentors and clients I have encountered over the years who taught me things and allowed me experiences for which I will be forever grateful. I have also been blessed with amazing friends and family who have taught me the power of unconditional love and support during both good times and bad. As I reflect back on the course of my life thus far, I have learned so much! I could list a number of different therapy models and some coaching jargon, but I think I would rather focus on what I know to be true when it comes to healing and living a life you desire! Here is my list of the most important things I have learned so far:
- Learn to be compassionate with yourself – Self-criticism and self-judgment are old patterns that no longer serve you. They hold you back from seeing yourself for who you truly are, which is amazing and beautiful.
- Start to love yourself – The real you has so many amazing gifts, talents and strengths that you are meant to be sharing with the world. When you start to love yourself for the amazing person you are, your life will dramatically change.
- Learn to trust yourself – We all have an inner truth, an inner voice that guides us. It provides the answers we seek. The answers are sometimes overwhelming because they will create change in our lives. Regardless, listen to your inner truth and trust it. It will not lead you astray!
- Connect with your spirituality (whatever this may mean for you) – Staying connected with your spirituality will allow you to see yourself clearly and will steer you on the journey that you are destined to take!
- Let Go! – Learn to let go of things that no longer serve you. This can be anything! It can be letting go of old thinking patterns, negative people in your life, clutter, control etc.! The more you let go, the more you allow space for your true authentic self to shine through!
- GRATITUDE! – Stay in gratitude! Not just for the big things, but for the small things as well. Be grateful for not just the amazing things around you, but for the amazing gifts within you!
- Breathe, connect with your body, be in the moment and slow down – The world is a fast-paced one! As a result, your mind goes a million miles a minute, forcing you to disconnect from yourself and from those closest to you. Slow down and breathe. Your mind makes you feel busier than you are anyway 🙂
- Surround yourself with positive people and ask for help! – We are not designed to be lone rangers, especially when change is involved!
- Listen to your body! – Your body gives you feedback all of the time. Be sure to listen, respond and act J If it is telling you to rest, rest; if it is telling you it needs to move, move; if it is giving you warning signs that it needs better nutrition – nourish it!
- Do not overthink – TAKE ACTION! – We all need to process and think about the solutions to our problems. However, we can get stuck in the “process cycle” without taking action. If you have been processing a problem for months and months or even years, it is time to take some action!
How did you develop your system?
I have developed my system based on years of education, personal experiences and professional experiences. My system is based on my knowledge and understanding that you need to work through 3 different areas to start living the life you desire.
The 3 stages include:
- Ready: This stage involves healing limiting beliefs and unprocessed emotions.
- Set: In this stage, you will learn specific ways to experience joy and stay there for long periods of time.
- LIVE: This is the stage in which you will gain clarity about what your life purpose is. You will create a step-by-step plan on how to how to take action so that you can start living the life you are destined to live.
I feel strongly that you need to work on all 3 areas. You need to heal, accept and receive joy, and start living out your life purpose, which will ultimately bring you joy, fulfillment and purpose!